On 29/01/14 16:51, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> Okay, Thanks for everything guys!! But still I am not able to get this work.
>
> So is what I am trying to do:
>
> Case I : Without Preseed:
>
> I boot from the PXE server. I go to the mirror selection page on the
> debian installer.

Yes.

> I execute a shell. I create the directories
> #mkdir -p /etc/apt/apt.conf.d

NO. Stop there! :)

Don't open a shell. Just proceed to the next step in the installer and
enter the proxy information as asked.

The Debian installer will do all that for you.

NOTE: if you insist on manually creating the directive then do it in
/target/etc/apt/apt.conf.d  as /etc during installation is not /etc on
the machine you are building.

<snipped, but not checked>

> When I boot a client from tftp, and I select the amd64 label on the
> installer, many pages on the installer are skipped. Yet the packages
> are downloaded from the internet.

Had those packages previously been downloaded by apt-cacher-ng? (see
hits and misses as suggested in an earlier part of the thread).

> I know I am little persistent,

Hardly a bad quality :D

> maybe I am missing something, but I
> feel I am almost there. I apologize if you guys feel that I am doing
> my research properly, or I am asking too noob questions. I just don't
> know why I am doing this, this thing is not in my syllabus, I am not
> supposed to do this, I am not getting paid for this, but still, I just
> want to get it to work!
>
> Please help!

Take a look at the resulting installation:-
; does it have the correct proxy directive?
; if you install a package does is come through/from apt-cacher-ng (look
at the admin page hits and misses)?
; consult debconf-get-selections for clues as to what happened

Kind regards