On Sun, 2014-02-02 at 15:53 -0700, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> Thanks, Ralf.
>
> I do use a couple of 32bit DAWs: Reaper and Power Tracks Pro. I use them
> in wine but I also have VMWare. If I just stick with the 32bit versions
> of the DAWs, all the 32bit VST plugins should be OK, right? Or are you
> saying there could still be issues?

Regarding to VST I don't have knowledge, because I don't use VSTs, but
IIRC I once wanted to test VSTs and there where issues with 64-bit
architecture. But IIRC I wanted to use Windows VSTs on Linux. I guess
using them with Reaper in wineasio should work, but you better ask at
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user .

For Linux audio production I'm using 64-bit since years, just at the
moment I've got a Debian 32-bit install on my machine too. I haven't
done any audio production with 32-bit yet, but IMO the GUI performance
on 64-bit architecture using linux-rt is better, than on 32-bit
architecture. But in a "blind" test I perhaps couldn't notice the
difference for the performance.