On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:26:07AM +0800, lina wrote:

> > That means that you've tried to connect to a non-resolvable hostname
> > (i.e. no hostname → IP association). No more, no less.
> > Quick-and-dirty solution for that is using IP address of the host
> > instead.
>
> I tried ping and used IP, it was the same issue

Meaning, you've invoked 'rdesktop 10.0.0.1' (or any other IP address),
and got the same error:

ERROR: getaddrinfo: No address associated with hostname

This is VERY strange. Can you please try running rdesktop like this
(replace 10.0.0.1 with a real IP):

strace -o /tmp/rdesktop rdesktop 10.0.0.1

I like to see what's really goin' on there. Please attach /tmp/rdesktop
to your e-mail, or put in on a pastebin.

> >> Further, I was told to try use window to connect to that window machine
> >> in order to access some software.
> >
> > And, did it work?
>
> Right now I checked from a Window, yeah, it worked from windows to
> connect to that server

Ok. And, this Windoze host, does it use the same DNS settings as yours?

Reco