On Wed 02 Apr 2014 at 23:30:10 +0530, Anubhav Yadav wrote:

> > I'll back down on that. ~/.profile tests for $BASH_VERSION, which is
> > empty. Therefore $HOME/.bashrc isn't sourced through ~/.xsessionrc.
> > Is this because dash is the shell being used, I wonder?
> >

> echo $BASH_VERSION
> 4.2.37(1)-release
>
> So it's not empty.

It is when ~/.profile is sourced from ~/.xsessionrc. The testing
procedure is available on request but any response from me may be
very slow to arrive due to the deep thought I am giving as to why
'export PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH' in ~/.xsessionrc should not be the
the definitive, untroublesome, uncomplicated and trustworthy way
of getting a path set with lightdm.

If you or anyone else have any thoughts on this it would be most
welcome.