I have been running Gnome on Debian 7.4.  I want to try KDE so I installed it.
I can see new apps under Applications so it looks like it may have worked.

But I don't know who to actual switch from one to the other.  Is there a GUI
app that I can click to switch between them?  Or some shell process?

Searching, I have found many articles on how to install the package but none on
how to actually switch between them.  I did find an article to edit the default
desktop manager but it was in the etc/x11 folder which I don't have.

Thanks,
ray