On Tue 20 May 2014 at 07:54:19 -0700, Horatio Leragon wrote:

> No.
>
> I have been using PendriveLinux and Rufus to "burn" ISOs (Debian,
> ArchLinux, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, Linux Mint) without problems.

That's fine ; who can argue with success. The OP, however, has a problem
with installing from netinst and cd-1 images. The images are isohybrids
and there has been no well-documented reports of the supported method
not working.

I, for one, am not up for debugging unetbootin in order to help bring
about a solution to any problems met during installation. The method
advised provides a known starting point.

(I'm talking here about writing the image under Linux but would be more
sympathatic should the user only have access to Windows for this
process).