On Sun, 25 May 2014 21:38:14 +0200
Filip <fi...@fbvnet.be> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 May 2014 20:00:33 +0100
> Brian <a...@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Sun 25 May 2014 at 00:12:57 +0200, Filip wrote:
> >
> > > You can mount/unmount in xfe. When you have plugged in a
> > > hotpluggable medium, it gets and entry under /media. If you right
> > > click on it, you have the mount/unmount option.
> >
> > What program does xfe use for mounting? It certainly doesn't do
> > anything for me when it is installed without its Recommends:.
> >

> From what I can tell, it calls "mount" and "umount" as external
> commands.
>
> In order to be able to mount from the command line as normal user, I
> already had the following entries in /etc/fstab.
>
> /dev/sr0        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
> /dev/sdb1       /media/usb0     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
> /dev/sdb2       /media/usb1     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0

Yes. I downloaded and installed xfe, (admittedly, this was for my
Ubuntu 13.10 box) and what I found is it doesn't show mountable drives
like Thunar does, so you can't mount an arbitrary device from xfe.

Also, my xfe installation dumps core with an "illegal window parameter"
when you right click on anything and pick "properties".

Other than those two things, xfe looks like an excellent file manager.

SteveT