> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net> writes:
>
> > A tiling WM isn't a DE.
>
> Can you tell me what is missing?

- file manager
- text editor
- image viewer
- terminal emulator
- etc.

(just have a look through the dependencies of lxde and lxde-core)

Basically a bunch of tools for everyday use. Of course, one might argue
that you can install these separately, but most people don't actually
care enough to select from the 10-20 alternatives for *each*.

> It has status bar, systray, launcher, workspaces...ability to launch
> specific app in a specific workspace. There is upcoming feature to save
> one's layout.

Sounds interesting. Session saving is the one feature I'm missing with
LXDE (actually the lxsession component). I hope it's planed for LXQt.

Kind regards,
Andrei