________________________________
 From: Marko Randjelovic <marelo...@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: Horatio Leragon <hlera...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: Post-installation: how to auto-configure network adapter (ie.
enable internet access)?

> If you didn't unselect "Desktop Environment" during install, it's already
> installed.

I unselected "Desktop Environment" during install as I have found it to be
bloated, full of software that I do not need at all.

> Read some basic introduction about basic networking terms. Then you could
> read some basic introduction to Linux networking.

I have done that and since I am still clueless, I asked the questions here.

> For your current problem, you didn't provide us enough information. We don't
> even know if your network cable is pluged in or you expect to be
> cnnected by wireless.

During installation of Debian, there is no wired and wireless connection.
Debian skips auto-configuration of network, DHCP and DHCPv6.

I install a bare minimum of Debian. During "Selecting software to install", I
unselect all the three items offered to me: Desktop Environment, Print Server
and Standard System Utilities.

About one or two weeks after installation, I take my laptop computer to my
friend's home where there is both wired and wireless connection.

What commands do I have to type at the console, tty1, to enable internet access?