On Sat, Aug 09, 2014 at 03:56:14PM -0400, AW wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Aug 2014 15:24:49 -0400
> Gary Dale <garyd...@torfree.net> wrote:
>
>  > Assuming you have both a backup copy and a live copy plus some par2
>  > files, you should be safe with the 5% to 10% I suggested.
>
> If going with an external backup and pars... I'd also add md5sums to the list.
>
> I've had great success using external drives drives connected to a low power
> device like the Raspberry Pi.
>
> Additional cost is:
> $70 for 2xRPi

Umm, not much good without SD card(s), power supply(s), cat5 patch
cord(s).
And if you want case(s) ... Oh, and there's surely to be some sort of
shipping charge.

Example:
Here in New Zealand - *ONE* Raspberry Pi $55.00, 16GB SD $20.00, cases
upwards of $20.00 -- all up over NZD$100.00 and thats just ONE!

> $250 for 3x1GB drives

That's dammned expensive and not useful at all!!!

oppressing." --- Malcolm X