AW <debian.list.trac...@1024bits.com> writes:

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 09:01:07 -0400
> Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>  > Fetchmail is never a problem... and yet:
>  > I've been moving my main work host, (Debian jessie), to a vm running on a
>  > windows hosts.
>
> Did you ensure the fetchmail daemon is running?
>
> ps -A |grep fetchmail
>
> It's possible you will need to enable the service daemon...
>
> sudo systemctl enable fetchmail
>
> in order for it to start on host boot.

I don't use the daemon. And the fact that a connection is being made
should indicate it has nothing to do with the daemon... no?

I've always run fetchmail either from cron or manually.

There is no daemon running on the other machine where all seems to be
in order either.

And yet something seems to be causing the verbose setting to produce
insufficient output on the new host.