On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:30:01 PM UTC+5:30, John Foster wrote:
> Any one using multiboot please reply. I have a system that is running
> several linux distros, each on its own hard drive. I have also got
> windows 7 pro and KfreeBSD on their own hard drives. I want to get the
> grub2 osprobe to recognize the KfreeBSD disk as its also set up with a
> grub boot loader. all the other drives are recognized & are able to be
> booted natively using a grub install on the mbr of the main (first) boot
> drive. That was/is configured properly using update-grub. I have
> installed the ufs tools and verified that there is a ufs1 & ufs2 mod in
> the kernel directory.
> Any suggestions as to what to do. I've looked at several web pages about
> this and most seem out of date & I'm apprehensive about directly editing
> the grub.cfg file as it says to NOT do that.
> Thanks!
> John

My impression (from the grub mailing lists) is that editing grub.cfg is
not such a big deal.  The guys who make a noise about it are the distro
guys not the grub guys.

Of course if you dont know how to use an editor and/or the
command-line looks like incomprehensible gobbledy-gook... you better listen
to the distro folks!

Heres my question to the grub list:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-grub/2011-01/msg00017.html

The answers that are actually useful are from Jordan Uggla; leave the rest!