On Vi, 26 sep 14, 09:05:32, Paul Lewis wrote:

> In this case I have a Trendnet IP camera which will write to an NFS
> share. I was looking for a server device that would be quieter and
> consume less power than a conventional machine that I might be able to
> run in a headless configuration. The Raspberry Pi seems to fit the
> bill.
>
> Throw in a couple of cheap usb drives and it seems to be a very
> workable fairly inexpensive system.

Beware I/O performance is horrible and the Raspberry Pi may even crash
under load. I had to cap torrent downloads to 1 MiB/s to get stable
operation. Of course it doesn't help that the ethernet is also connected
via USB (internally).

There are other cheap devices out there with SATA.

Kind regards,
Andrei