On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 07:56:17 +0100
Jonathan Dowland <j...@debian.org> wrote:

> You are still writing as if you are going to be forced to run
> systemd, despite being repeatedly told that multiple init systems
> will be supported. I'm really struggling to continue to presume "good
> faith" on your part now.

Hi Jonathan,

The fact that Jessie now supports, for want of a better word,
"dual init", doesn't preclude this choice going away later.

Given the email thread of the CTTE decision and the words of Poettering
in the video, as well as *many* references in the CTTE decision that
only one choice would be kept, I think the possibility of later removal
of choice has moved from "paranoid conspiracy theory" to "yeah, it
might happen."

For the same reasons, it looks to me like a continued systemd
land-grab, resulting in Linux morphing from something anyone can work
with into something requiring Red Hat special sauce, has also moved
from "paranoid conspiracy theory" to "yeah, it might happen."

I think I said it a couple weeks ago: This systemd thing was once
merely a technical disagreement, but it's transformed into a matter of
trust.

SteveT