On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 01:00:21PM +0800, lina wrote:
> Any suggestions about
>
> failed to start remount root and kernel file system
>
> Is it due to updating issue? some package like systemd, or util-linux?
>
> Jessie box.

Dunno. Is it an fstab issue? I'm only guessing here because you haven't
given us much information.  What is the actual error message?

I haven't had to diagnose any systemd booting issues, yet, cause it
hasn't failed. So have you any strange configurations --- do you need to
mount anything over nfs, for example.

Is this your laptop? Is it encrypted?

All these are just guesses, but hopefully someone will be able to help
if they know the error messages etc.

Oh, is this a new Jessie box, *OR*, have you been running Jessie for a
while and the latest update caused this?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X