On 15-11-2014 16:59, Brian wrote:
On Sat 15 Nov 2014 at 15:22:06 +0200, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis wrote:

On 15-11-2014 14:17, Brian wrote:
>On Sat 15 Nov 2014 at 13:49:18 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
>>On Vi, 14 nov 14, 08:04:00, Marty wrote:
>>>
>>> By the same token systemd is a major waste with no real gain. It duplicates
>>> equivalent modular alternatives, and also requires unnecessary effort to
>>> repair damage from excessive coupling.
>>
>>I challenge you to come up with a configuration that duplicates
>>systemd's features with a combination of other software.
>
>One picture is worth a thousand words.
>
>   https://np237.livejournal.com/34598.html
>
>(Sorry, couldn't resist).

I couldn't resist also ...

"A use case better covered by SysV init: encrypted block devices"

  http://tanguy.ortolo.eu/blog/categorie2/debian

I'll see you and raise you with a link to a helpful post:

Irrelevant ... Read carefullty " ... use case better covered ... "

"if systemd requires specific configuration to handle such a case, whereas SysV init does not, that means this case is better covered by SysV init;"

systemd :

"[Unit]
Description=Unlock EncFS
DefaultDependencies=no
After=local-fs.target
Before=display-manager.service getty@tty1.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=true
Environment=RootDir=/home/.encfs/crypt
Environment=MountPoint=/home/crypt
ExecStart=/bin/sh -c "systemd-ask-password --no-tty --timeout=30 'Unlock
EncFS' | encfs --stdinpass $RootDir $MountPoint"
ExecStop=/bin/umount $MountPoint

[Install]
WantedBy=sysinit.target"

This is a specific configuration ...

Any way thx for playing ... ( it was just humor ... )

Regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis