Hi,

Jerry Stuckle <stuckleje...@gmail.com> writes:
> On 11/16/2014 10:29 AM, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
>> Jerry Stuckle <stuckleje...@gmail.com> writes:
>>> So why, instead of spending all this time on a new init system didn't
>>> developers already familiar with sysvinit work on it?  Systemd wasn't
>>> one person alone.
>>
>> Presumably nobody was interested enough to do so.
>
> Maybe someone SHOULD have had enough interest.

Which doesn't change the fact that nobody was...

I can write long lists of what SHOULD be done in my opinion, but that
won't make any of it happen.

[...]
>> It's not going to happen, because...
>> ... nobody wants to work on it (at least not for free).
>
> So why don't YOU work on it?

Oh, that's easy to answer. There is no motivation for me to do so: I
don't care about support for sysvinit. I care even less thanks to the
behavior of some people who write angry mails (no, really: why should
I waste my free time to do something for them?).

Ansgar