On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Paul E Condon
<pecon...@mesanetworks.net> wrote:
> I also track some daily stock prices using gnuplot. I
> want to keep that going, generating a new plot every
> time I download new data.

Jochen already answered your question about backports. But I am
curious about something. How are you pulling the stock prices? Keep in
mind that you have to account for corporate actions (ex:- dividends,
stock splits, ticker changes etc.,). Just wondering if you have any
experiences that you could share.

> Also, a few words of reasons for your answer would be
> helpful in assessing its value to me.

Even though gnuplot can produce beautiful plots it does not help much
in analyzing the data. You might be better off using a high level
language such as R, octave or Matlab to do the analysis. All these
programs come with good plotting capabilities.

Just my 2 cents...

thanks
raju
--