Op 16-12-14 om 15:40 schreef Cindy-Sue Causey:
> On 12/16/14, Curt <cu...@free.fr> wrote:
>> On 2014-12-16, Paul van der Vlis <p...@vandervlis.nl> wrote:
>>>
>>> But some people with old Squeeze installations did also call me. I told
>>> them they need an upgrade. Fixing that for the time being was a bit more
>>> work.  What I did was copying the libflashplayer.so from a Wheezy
>>> installation to my website, and downloading it to the clients:
>>>

>> As an old squeezy I just go here
>>
>> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
>>
>> download the tar.gz archive, extract the libflashplayer.so file and move it
>> the appropriate location, overwriting the previous version.
>>
>> All update-flashplugin-nonfree does is download the newer version from
>> the adobe website, if there is a newer version available, right?
>

> Have you all tried gnash yet? I tried it a few times over the last few
> years. Every install attempt was a major #FAIL. Can't remember what
> went wrong with libflashplayer.so (again) this past week, but I ended
> up trying to install (again) out of both exasperation and contempt for
> Linux being left behind these days...
>
> This time.... IT WORKS!
>
> Well, not at first. I attempted lightspark but for some reason that
> didn't go well. Perhaps the "experimental" labeling has something to
> do with that there.. *grin*
>
> I noticed gnash was installed as a lightspark dependency so, after
> having problems with lightspark, I backed up and just focused on
> seeing if I couldn't finally get gnash operational. Took a tiny bit of
> manual file manipulation to get my browser to recognize its existence.
> As of this second, it's working in both Opera and chromium-browser.
>
> Between that and stumbling on the minor detail that all you do to get
> cracking on a debootstrap'd release is chroot the target path to get
> chroot... you know... (also) working, it's been quite the learning
> curve week. *Look out!*

What I did for a few months, was removing all Adobe flash, Gnash and
Lightsprak. And what I see is that most sites switch to HTML5 when there
is no flash.  Games for children is a problem, and here in the
Netherlands the sites where you can watch TV. But for the rest... I
don't have any flash anymore on my work-computer. And it was the last
peace of closed software.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl