Hi Peter, Roland,

On 01/27/2015 09:55 AM, Peter Viskup wrote:
> regarding the XBMC version - try to use Deb-multimedia repository [1].
> There are more recent versions available.
True. These are not part of Debian itself though which is why I usually
forget to check package versions over there.
They are mantained by Christian Marillat who is a Debian developer as
well. I have those in my sources.list as well to be able to play DVD
videos etc.
> Ad 1) more things which needs to be checked
>  - kernel support
>  - Xorg open source radeon or closed sourced fglrx ati drivers support
>  Try to read these [2] [3] [4]
Which is quite a task for somebody new to Linux. Especially since I was
unable to find out which kernel version has support for the A4-6300.
Same for the radeon driver. Easiest would be to just try it and check
the output in /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> Ad 2) first make sure your direct rendering is working (running the
> command "glxinfo")
It should report something like this:

    torsten@defiant:~$ glxinfo|head -n 20
    name of display: :0
    display: :0  screen: 0
    direct rendering: Yes
    server glx vendor string: SGI
    server glx version string: 1.4

The most important part is that "direct rendering: Yes" line.

Greetings, Torsten