> > Try adding this line to your /etc/apt/apt.conf file and see if you get
> > better results with your 'apt-get update':
> > APT::Default-Release "testing";
>
> That's unnecessary if you only have one release listed in
> /etc/apt/sources.list (which is the configuration I'd strongly
> recommend) and may just introduce confusion in that case.

Although I totally understand your logic, the idea I am hoping can work is
to run 'stable' by default, and upgrade to 'testing' versions of packages
only as necessary to fulfill a given need.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      Isite Services, Inc.