Since this post has no technical merits, I separated it out.

> > I've been using Linux since 0.7x kernels, so you can skip the patronizing.
> > Last time I checked, some of my patches were still in the driver sources
> > for various adapters.

> Though I must say I'm extremely curious how you managed to use a 0.7x
> kernel that never existed. The last release of the kernel after 0.12 was
> 0.95 after all.

I may have been swapping Slackware versions with kernel versions in my
brain, but unless my memory has failed me you're wrong.  0.95 was one of the
first stable (in practice) kernels in a fairly long time, and I remember some
really unstable and unworkable kernels before it -- but I'm fairly certain
that .95 was not a leap version.

And god, this is going back what, 11 years now?  So forgive me where my
memory fails.  Naturally, at the time we were all hacking stuff directly and
rebuilding kernels to test drivers, so 'stable' as such didn't exist.
I was doing most of the grunt work to get SMC network adapter cards
functional and tested, as well as bitching about how lousy the NFS client
was.

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      Isite Services, Inc.