On Monday, February 23, 2015 03:57:04 PM Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Monday 23 February 2015 20:40:09 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > Would it be possible for you to go back to using KMail 1.9.10?  I
> > > don't know whether the emails and folders would be able to be
> > > taken backwards.  But you obviously used to like the KDE3 version,
> > > and it is still available via TDE (I use it).
> > >
> > > Lots of probably sortable potential snags, of course. :-)
> > >
> > > Lisi
> >
> > No clue where I'd even get it from Lisi.  There was a time when one
> > could download "konstruct", and it would, when run, proceed to
> > download and build the newest version of kde extant at the time, but
> > IIRC that was clear back in kde2 days.  I ran it and liked it then.
> > but no clue if it even exists today.
>
> https://www.trinitydesktop.org/
>
> It is the direct descendant of KDE3.  The letters KDE do not appear in
> the name because of trademark issues with KDE4.
>
> Lisi

Looks interesting Lisi, so much so that I jumped in both both feet to see
what it looks like when I have rebooted.  There are so many things I can't
do on wheezy that Just Worked(TM) on the old ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS.  This I
suspect will be an crossgrade nightmare in the short run, but if I can
duplex print after, and I can read the message wind in kmail without
having the fonts so screwed up, just those 2 fixes will make me happier
than I am with the present state of affairs.

I'll be back with a report eventually.  Thanks.

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > --

> > -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Cheers, Gene Heskett