On Monday 23 February 2015 04:59:50 pm Lisi Reisz wrote:

> > > https://www.trinitydesktop.org/
> > >
> > > It is the direct descendant of KDE3.  The letters KDE do not appear in
> > > the name because of trademark issues with KDE4.
> > >
> > > Lisi
> >
> > Looks interesting Lisi, so much so that I jumped in both both feet to see
> > what it looks like when I have rebooted.  There are so many things I
> > can't do on wheezy that Just Worked(TM) on the old ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS.
> > This I suspect will be an crossgrade nightmare in the short run, but if I
> > can duplex print after, and I can read the message wind in kmail without
> > having the fonts so screwed up, just those 2 fixes will make me happier
> > than I am with the present state of affairs.
> >
> > I'll be back with a report eventually.  Thanks.
>
> While you are testing, try evince and kpdf for your printing problem.  You
> never know!

Well, the fonts are fixed, but the printing single sided when duplex is
selected is not.  I now have another 21 page manual for one of the cnc
machine driver cards, printed single sided.

Evince was not labeled as such, I had to run stuff according to the function
until I found it from its logo in the help pulldown.

Someone back up the logbook said _this_ poppler library wasn't capable of
duplex, was Ubuntu-10.04.4 LTS using a different renderer? IDK.

> Good luck.

Well I do like what I can see so far.  We'll have to see what else gets in the
way.  At least I can read a message without calling a separate reader now.

Thank you  Lisi
 Oops, my sig has disappeared. *rc incompatability?
So by hand, Cheers, Gene