ok so i've been doing this linux desktop thing for about a year now, started with redhat, then went to mandrake, now i want to move on to debian, i'm still a noob so i've been reading up on the install instructions on http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install but before i got started i wanted to ask you all a few questions:

1) are these instructions http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install the best for a noob like me or are there some better ones out there somewhere?
2) i have 2 harddrives, hda and hdb, hda has win2000 on it, its divided into 3 fat32 partitions, hdb has an old install of mandrake on it, i want to put debian on hdb, is the filesystem manager on the install cds comprehensible enough to where i'll be able to format the partitions on hdb without messing up hda? all my important data is on hda, so if something happens to hda i'm screwed
3) i see that lilo is the default bootloader, i know that if i put the windows lines in lilo.conf and i run /sbin/lilo it should let me choose between booting into windows or linux when i restart, are there any hangups or problems i need to look out for? i have some experience editing the lilo.conf file with good success in mandrake...
4) once i get debian up and running, i want to set it up to where the second partition on hda, my win2000 fat32 drive, is mounted as my home directory as a user. in other words, i want one of my fat32 partitions mounted at /home/david/ after i create the david user account. can that be done?

thanx in advance for the help. i'm really excited about debian.

david