hey thanx so much for your help, just one quick question

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it. The FAT filesystem semantics aren't the same
as Unix, and it's not a very good filesystem anyway. I would leave your Unix
homedir on a Unix filesystem, and mount the fat32 partition somewhere else.

i want to easily be able to share certain files between windoze and linux, for example .fla macromedia flash files, flash has issues under wine so i'd prefer to boot into windoze when i need to use flash and i thought it would be easiest to just mount that windoze logical drive as my /home/david drive, would you suggest something else? obviously i cant format that windows partition with a non-bill-gates-approved filesystem, so i guess i could mount it to /home/david/windozefiles or something like that. if i were to mount it to /home/david would linux corrupt the fat32 or something?

david