On 04/11/2015 03:05 PM, Reco wrote:
dpkg-reconfigure -plow keyboard-configuration

ric@iam:~$ sudo su -
[sudo] password for ric:
root@iam:~# dpkg-reconfigure -plow keyboard-configuration
update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults
root@iam:~#

Err... does that mean nothing happened? Is there a single file tucked away someplace with the keyboard layout? Using XFCE desktop on Jessie with systemd enabled.

Here's what happened:

I was playing warzone2100 and got finger fumbled setting a group of trucks to group 5, (using ctrl 5). Now, it won't allow me to use group 5 with that keystroke combo. I can set any other number from 1 to 0 and that works. I boot into Ubuntu and I can set group 5 with ctrl-5 Ergo, the keyboard/hardware isn't busted. Plus, I get the same behavior no matter the version of Warzone2100 that I run and each has it's own .warzone2100<version> directory. I've got three versions. They all behave the same way.

So, I'm figuring something must be system wide keystroke combo that I inadvertently hit while in an space-alien killing frenzy. So, I want to kill that as well. <grins> Ric

p/s Warzone2100 runs effortlessly across 4 monitors and is a blast to play, once you get into the basics. Works very well as single user player with multiple very clever AI enemies. I recommend it to anyone truly bored out of their skull when strong drink isn't an option. :)

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html