On 17/04/2015, Ric Moore <wayward4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/16/2015 11:40 AM, Bret Busby wrote:
>> On 16/04/2015, David Wright <deb...@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Quoting Bret Busby (bret.bu...@gmail.com):

>>> I think you should concentrate on the string in brackets,
>>> which appears on
>>>
>>> http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/catalog/category/VIDEO/?&page=3
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> David.
>>>

>> Now, you say that, but, Ubuntu 14.04 shows two different sets of
>> information, as shown in my preceding messages;
>>

>> "

>> "
>>
>> and, as you have mentioned above, from
>>
>> "
>> "
>> bret@bret-Aspire-E5-521:~$  lspci | grep -i vga
>> 00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
>> [AMD/ATI] Mullins [Radeon APU A4-6000 with R2 Graphics]
>> "
>> "
>>

>> and
>>
>> "
>> and, from the lshw output,
>>
>> "
>>   *-pci:0
>>            product: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD]
>>            vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD]
>>            physical id: 100
>>            bus info: pci@0000:00:00.0
>>            version: 00
>>            width: 32 bits
>>            clock: 33MHz
>>          *-display UNCLAIMED
>>               product: Mullins [Radeon APU A4-6000 with R2 Graphics]
>>               vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
>>               physical id: 1
>>               bus info: pci@0000:00:01.0
>>               version: 00
>>               width: 64 bits
>>               clock: 33MHz
>>               capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list
>>               configuration: latency=0
>>               resources: memory:e0000000-efffffff
>> memory:f0000000-f07fffff ioport:3000(size=256)
>> memory:f0c00000-f0c3ffff memory:f0c80000-f0c9ffff
>>
>> "
>> "
>>

>> So, Ubuntu shows the CPU as being both
>> "AMD E2-6110 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics x4"
>> and
>> " [AMD/ATI] Mullins [Radeon APU A4-6000 with R2 Graphics]"
>>
>> unless, an AMD E2-6110 incorporates an AMD A4-6000 with R2 Graphics
>>
>> ?
>>
>> But, the link that you sent, links to
>> http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/catalog/component/pci/1002%3A9852/
>>
>> which has
>>
>> "
>> Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Mullins [Radeon APU A4-6000
>> with R2 Graphics] Video
>> The Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Mullins [Radeon APU A4-6000
>> with R2 Graphics] is under the Video category and is contained in the
>> certified systems below.
>> "
>>

>> and, lists, as certified systems,
>>
>> "
>> HP 15 Notebook PC Laptop
> [...]

Hello.

I assume something bad is in the source code of that web page (it is
aspx, so, proprietary MS stuff), but, with two web browsers - Arora
and rekonq, running on Debian 6, I can only see a bit at the op of the
web page - no scroll bar or any way to get to the important stuff
lower down on the web page.

Publishing a web page about Linux stuff, in MS only format, is a bit weird.

It is kind of like the manuafacturer (AMD) wants to hide its Linux
stuff, from Linux users.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale