On 2015-04-29, Avinash Sonawane <root...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm not sure which iso you downloaded. If it was the netinst version
>> from https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/debian-installer/
>> take a look further down the page where there's a panel with a red
>> cross. Here you can get the netinst iso with firmware included within
>> it. bcm43xx-0.fw 96224 Jun 15  2014 is in there.
>
> I downloaded
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/8.0.0/amd64/iso-dvd/debian-8.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso
> whose integrity I checked using sha512sum, sha256sum and md5sum. I
> also verifies gpg signatures for the same. So I am pretty sure I have
> the official Debian 8.0 dvd1 iso.
>
> I am stuck at how to create a separate partition to hold the firmware
> files as mentioned in Debian Installation guide.

Yes, you have the official iso, but in order to obviate the difficulties
you're encountering, David is saying you have the option of downloading the
unofficial iso with the firmware included (that way you're off and
running to the races without further ado).

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/8.0.0/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-8.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso