On 2015-04-29, Avinash Sonawane <root...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 9:50 PM, David Wright <deb...@lionunicorn.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> But then won't Debian will be downloading all the packages from
> internet while installing from netinst image? Can I use the existing
> amd64 dvd1 iso then? (instead of downloading packages extract from the
> dvd1 iso)

Won't the dvd1 iso install to your usb stick without the firmware for your
wireless card?  Then, let's say, if you've another usb stick with the
firmware on it, you'd copy that firmware to the correct location

/lib/firmware/brcm/bcm43xx-0.fw
/lib/firmware/brcm/bcm43xx_hdr-0.fw
/usr/share/bug/firmware-brcm80211/presubj
/usr/share/doc/firmware-brcm80211/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/firmware-brcm80211/copyright

At which point you'd be able to install via a package manager the relevant
package
so that the package manager knows about it and updates it normally.