Quoting Avinash Sonawane (root...@gmail.com):

> I have made another USB port working so now I am using 2 USB sticks.
> One as debian 8.0 installation media and another to hold firmware .deb
> packages.
>
> But when I try to load the drivers in one of the installation steps it says:
> "Detected removable media that is not a known driver media. Please
> make sure that the correct media is inserted. You can still continue
> if you have an unofficial removable media you want to use.
>     Unknown removable media. Try to load anyway?
> 1) No
> 2) Yes"
>
> When I checked virtual terminal 4 I could see my hard drive partitions
> (/dev/sdaX) got probed with /dev/sdb1 (the debian installation stick).
> It looks like the installer is not checking /dev/sdc. But I am not
> sure as I can only see a screenfull of messages with no apparent
> scrolling mechanism.
>
> Then I opted for Yes in above message. Then on next screen it said:
> "No kernel modules were found. This probably is due to a mismatch
> between the kernel used by this version of the installer and the
> kernel version available in the archive.

I'm not quite sure why it's been provoked into looking for kernel
modules rather than firmware files.

I've never tried to load 3rd party firmware as .deb packages. This
might be historical; I've stuck with the method that worked for me in
times past. So perhaps you should put just the firmware files that it
has asked for (when you first tried installing without any firmware
sticks) on an ordinary FAT stick.

> Again no sign of probing /dev/sdc on tty4. Seeing the fail message I opted No.
>
> So what's going on?
> Is debian installer really probing /dev/sdc and finding firmware files
> there as expected or do I need to mount/unmout it manually?
> After saying No in "continue install without loading kernel modules"
> step, the firmware got loaded correctly or not? (Though this time it
> didn't ask for brcm/bcm43xx-0.fw)

As you've only recently got the second port working, my next step (as
well as using a FAT stick) would be to swap the two sticks. This will
confirm the second port is really working.

When you switch VCs, you can't scroll back any more. However, you can
press Return in VC2 (or 3) to get a shell and then type
more /var/log/syslog
to look at the VC4 messages with more (a crude form of less).

You can even mount your FAT stick on /mnt and copy files onto it.
BUT I would unmount it immediately afterwards. I haven't yet tested
whether the ability of linux to mount the same device in different
places allows the installer to mount the stick on /instmnt (or
whatever it's called) while you've got in mounted on /mnt.

Cheers,
David.