On 11/06/15 11:03 AM, notoneofmyseeds wrote:
On 06/11/2015 04:57 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
In fact the entire process is really just a bash script to take the picture, crop and rotate it, then send it to the print queue. A piece of cake compared to trying to do it in Windows.

Hi Gary,

With of lots and lots of pictures I have to print, can you please, tell/show me, how you do this. I'm not experienced with scripts.

Cheers,
Michael

I use digikam to control the camera and download the photo. Next I use imagemagic (convert) to rotate and crop the image. Finally the lpr command sends the output to the default print queue.

Not all cameras can be controlled by digikam but a lot can. This is especially true of the higher-end cameras but even my lowly Canon Powershot SX100 works. Since Santa's chair is always in the same place, I simply have the camera on a tripod pointing at the chair. Then I send the command to take and download the picture to a filename.

I use the same filename as input to convert to rotate and crop the image then send the adjusted image to lpr.

I don't even need the gui for this.

I have the script on another computer but it's pretty simple. You basically just need the three commands.