After booting the Debian 8.2 netinst iso I noticed a couple of oddities.

First, I selected advanced and rescue, but this seemed to end up walking me
through the installer.  I was expecting to be dropped into a shell.  At the
screen that asked for system name I switched virtual terminals.

Second, vgimportclone is on the system, but when I try to run it the
message is "vgimportclone: not found".  It is the only vg* command in /sbin
that is not a symlink to lvm but a shell script.

Are these behaviors expected?  Any recommendations for a rescue image that
has at least lvm, parted, and ext4 utilities?

If these are bugs, what package should I report them against?

Thanks.
Ross Boylan