Ross Boylan a écrit :
> After booting the Debian 8.2 netinst iso I noticed a couple of oddities.
>
> First, I selected advanced and rescue, but this seemed to end up walking me
> through the installer.

Indeed, the first steps are identical to an installation.

> I was expecting to be dropped into a shell.  At the
> screen that asked for system name I switched virtual terminals.

Too bad : the rescue screen was the next step.

> Second, vgimportclone is on the system, but when I try to run it the
> message is "vgimportclone: not found".  It is the only vg* command in /sbin
> that is not a symlink to lvm but a shell script.

It appears that vgimportclone is defined as a bash script (1st line
contains #!/bin/bash) but bash is not included in the Debian installer.
I don't know if this script really requires bash or could be run with
the installer's shell, ash. In the latter case, just modify the script
header or create a symlink /bin/bash pointing to sh or ash.

>  Any recommendations for a rescue image that
> has at least lvm, parted, and ext4 utilities?

The Debian installer have them all.