On Friday 20 November 2015 14:04:48 Ric Moore wrote:

> Charles Forsburg has passed away.
> http://www.anewtradition.com/obituaries/obituary/12060_Charles_Alton_F
>orsberg

Oh fudge.  Damn.  His rzsz software that I last built at version 3.3.6,
but made some serious speedups in, for the os9/nitros9 operating system,
has been part of my stable of code for nearly 25 years now.

Chuck wrote good code 98% of the time. Well organized, methodical, it was
actually easy to improve it, gaining around 200 cps of overall speed
with my hacks, on a 1.78 Mhz motorola 6809 cpu.  Taking advantage of the
Hitachi 63c09 in place of the motorola chip, the speedup was closer to
325 cps.

He will be missed.  I hope his ride here was a pleasant one.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)