On 04/16/2016 10:12 AM, Sven Hartge wrote:
Michael Milliman <michael.e.milli...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 04/15/2016 03:18 PM, Sven Hartge wrote:
Dan Ritter <d...@randomstring.org> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 01:06:18PM -0400, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
I just had a catastrophic crash which necessitated reinstalling
Debian.  I had been running v-7.2,but decided to upgrade to v-7.10
with a complete install.

Now when I update the repositories, regardless of the tool, Synaptic
or Aptitude, I get the following errors:

W: Failed to fetch
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/updates/main/source/Sources: 404
Not Found [IP: 2610:148:1f10:3::89 80]
I do not get these errors if I comment out the deb-src lines in the
sources.list.
Those are IPv6 addresses. I would guess that you don't have an
IPv6 connection available to you, or it's misconfigured.
He then would get a timeout or host unreachable and not a 404 HTTP error
code.

What it looks like is this: he has URLs for the sources of security
updates (wheezy/updates) configured for the wrong host, because
debian.gtisc.gatech.edu does not carry those.
debian.gtisc.gatech.edu??? None of the information in the OPs query
mentions this host.
2610:148:1f10:3::89 -> debian.gtisc.gatech.edu

All of his sources.list lines are using http://http.us.debian.org.
The issue is that
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/updates does not exist.
A casual look with a browser reveals this.
Exactly.

S°

Just how doers this contribute to a solution of the problem?

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.        Life is a fuzzy set
www.Molecular-Modeling.net      Stochastic and multivariate