On Thursday 30 June 2016 21:12:46 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Thats not excusable behavior, but whats worse is that debian's people are
> > denying there is a problem.  'scuse me? I swear, they couldn't smell
> > coffee with a nose full of it.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Well, if either of you two (that suffered the runaway aptitude issue)
> still have the /etc of the box that caused trouble, kindly do this:
>
> grep -r Assume-Yes /etc
>
> If it returns any match in the aptitude config files, there you have it.

Thank you, Henrique.  I still have access to the box. Not immediately - but
no-one will change anything unless I am there.  But whatever is or is not
assumed, it wasn't asked to remove anything.  It was asked to add one thing
which in now way depended on anything removed.  That is what puzzles me.  And
the rest of the time it was asking as one would expect!!  But I will look and
let the list know!

If there is, what then?

And why did ctrl-C have no effect at all?

Lisi