On Thursday, August 18, 2016 09:58:23 AM Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 8/17/2016 8:07 PM, David Christensen wrote:
> > On 08/17/2016 07:45 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:

> > 6.  Distances between devices.

> 6. < 1 ft.

Because I learned one thing here already (Gigabit ethernet usually doesn't
require crossover cables), I'll see if I can learn something else ;-)

Back in the "good ole days" there used to be a minimum segment / cable length
for an Ethernet cable--I don't recall to what all it applied--i.e., I don't
recall if it applied to thick Ethernet, thin (coax) Ethernet, Cat 5 and Cat 6,
all of the above or just some of the above.  I always used a minimum of 6' and
that worked for me.

Does that apply for Gigabit Ethernet?