On 08/20/2016 05:12 PM, deloptes wrote:
Maureen L Thomas wrote:

[ 19.214674] r8169 0000:03:00.0: firmware: agent aborted loading
rtl_nic/rtl8168e-2.fw (not found?)
Which kernel is this, besides in your original post you were talking about
rtl8168g-2.fw not rtl8168e-2.fw.

To make it simple: The firmware version is used by specific kernel line.
Which kernel are you using? I asked but you did not answer.

rtl8168e-2.fw is part of the wheezy-backports. install as instructed before.

Perhaps the wheezy kernel version would work with it or may be there is also
some newer kernel in the backports. Use this if so. I also found this
thread http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=72645

regards

My kernel is 3.2.81-1. This was the last one I did with an update from debian. When I installed the rtl-nic I installed the whole package that included the one 8168e-2.fw.

I am wondering if it would be ok to just upgrade to jessie. I have the dvd's downloaded.
Maureen