On Friday 28 October 2016 15:15:36 Brian wrote:
> On Fri 28 Oct 2016 at 16:10:31 +0200, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:

> > > On the whole I would never argue about what a user chose to have on his
> > > or her machine for networking. My own preference is for ifupdown or
> > > connman, However, the many thousands of happy users of N-M are highly
> > > likely to ignore advice to remove it based on some dim recollection
> > > from ten years ago.
> >
> > Hm. I didn't take any of the mails in this thread as advising any of
> > the "many thousands of happy users of N-M" to remove anything.
> >
> > Whatever floats your boat.
>
> This is not a quote from a private mail:
>  > At high risk of starting another flame war about network-manager, nuke
>  > that puppy with extreme prejudice.

It is not a quote from a private mail, but you have taken it out of context.
It was advice on list to an individual and solved that individual's problem.
It might well solve the problem of anyone else in the same position as the
OP.  My comment was not advice to anyone, merely pointing out that if you
happen to want to remove N-M, it is easy in Debian and does not require
removing half the system, (another quote).

Lisi