On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Brian <a...@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat 26 Nov 2016 at 18:40:38 +0100, Sven Hartge wrote:
>
>> Brian <a...@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>> > I think viewing deb.debian.org as beta is fair. Viewing the redirector
>> > as deprecated or about to be closed down in not correct. There is a
>> > diversity of views in both threads.
>>
>> There are. But all more or less agree that httpredir.debian.org is
>> unmaintained and just cruising along on auto-pilot.
>
> Very informative. Either would do for me in the UK, I think (assuming
> httpredir.debian.org stays around). Should we now be recommending
> deb.debian.org in user now? What do we get from it for our money?

I went through the threads posted by you and Sven. I think you can
recommend httpredir service untill there is a formal announcement of
moving to deb.debian.org . The httpredir service is just not
maintained but not deprecated. If it does not work as expected, bugs
can be filed[1] with the following pseudo headers.

Package: mirrors
Severity: normal
User: mirr...@packages.debian.org
Usertags: httpredir