Hi J.,

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 08:47:18PM +0100, Jochen Spieker wrote:
> Chuck Hallenbeck:
> >
> > # apt-get remove upgrade-system apt
>
> Nice one! This brightens my day a little as it reminds me how I found
> out the relationship betweent the commands available on MSDOS 5.0 and
> the contents of the C:\DOS directory. :) I don't know how many times I
> had deleted stuff from there until it finally hit me.
>
> Anyway, it's great of you not to be too embarassed to ask this and it is
> even better that you could get help so quickly. It was more difficult
> with MSDOS and no internet back then.

Well, I have to tell you, I did hesitate to ask. But the help I got was
not only quick, but right on target.  The trick is to learn from other
people's mistakes, not one's own.

One more O.T. observation: Debian let me do a truly dumb thing, but I
wouldn't have it any other way.

Chuck

--
When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.