On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 7:53 PM, Thomas Schmitt <scdbac...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,

[...]
> Joel Rees wrote:
>> (1) These messages may be a sort of generator for phishing targets.
>
> You mean that those who hit the "Smack Sender" button of their mail
> app show up as flotsam here and can be harvested without reveiling
> the harvester's mail address ?
> (This theory would imply that the reflector senders are real people
>  or their watchdog apps.)
>
> Eek. That would mean we would really have to take measures to not
> let appear most of the messages in subscriber mailboxes and archive.
> If we let this continue then we create a commercial incentive to
> flood us.

Of course, if the hypothetical "they" are looking for a commercially viable
way to harvest addresses from this list and are doing this, they've missed
something much more obvious.

And?

>> they might be setting up a noise
>> background against which to send steganographically encoded messages.
>
> That's a good one.
> We are testing ground for a novel low-bandwidth method to control
> bot nets or remote spies.

Not likely a testing ground.

> Ten hops over iPads, Galaxies, or WinPhones would be nearly as
> effective in hiding the sender as a Tor onion would be.
>

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

Did I say something about onions?

--
Joel Rees

One of these days I'll get someone to pay me
to design a language that combines the best of Forth and C.
Then I'll be able to leap wide instruction sets with a single #ifdef,
run faster than a speeding infinite loop with a #define,
and stop all integer size bugs with my bare cast.
http://defining-computers.blogspot.com/2017/06/reinventing-computers.html

More of my delusions:
http://reiisi.blogspot.com/2017/05/do-not-pay-modern-danegeld-ransomware.html
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/p/novels-i-am-writing.html