> UTC Time: July 13, 2017 11:13 AM
> From: to...@tuxteam.de
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 12:08:27PM +0200, Kaj Persson wrote:
> [...]
>> As always only root can mount a file system. In the case vfat, which
>> does not have an access system by its own, the owner of the mounted
>> system will be root.
> As a hint (I"m not a purist, mind you): I always mount vfat (well,
> at least when I plan to access them as regular user):
> sudo mount -ouid=tomas,gid=tomas /dev/sdb1 /mnt
> This makes my life easier (yes, you can put the user name in there,
> and separating uid=foo,gid=bar with a comma (no space!) should
> work for you.
> As to your original problem... sorry.
> Cheers

Minor note and question:
If he or anyone else is using other than MSwin more than one linux/unix
system with a common /home partition and wants access to the
same /home/user if "user" corresponds to 1001 in Debian and 1003 in
LinuxX then the name user will not allow access to the other system as
on is user 1001 and the other 1003, two different users with the same
label. The other way around seems to work with my experience, if
1002 is Deb on one system and 1002 is Ian on another then it shows
as the same user. The true owner is described by the id not the label,
I think!