On 18.07.17 11:06, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> On the other hand, if you just want to _install_ Debian rather than to
> run it as "live" system, then you should for now use one of the
> installation ISOs.
> E.g. the small one which is just enough to fetch more packages from the
> internet:
>

> https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/iso-cd/debian-9.0.0-i386-netinst.iso

I should have gone with that one.

> or the DVD sized one with a more complete system:
>

> https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/iso-dvd/debian-9.0.0-i386-DVD-1.iso

But thought I'd give this a try. It's nearly there. I'll install
tomorrow, as it's after midnight.

> Installation attempts from live-cd ISOs caused lots of complaints.
> (It is unclear how many attempts succeeded.)

Would it be impertinent to enquire why the malfunctioning install option
is not disabled, when it only serves to tarnish the reputation of debian?
(I spent 30 years developing telecommunications software. A lot of
effort went into preventing the release of buggy software.)

Mind you, ubuntu 16.04 doesn't install on the Udoo X86 either, bombing
at boot block installation. If all else fails, I could try their own
distro, but they've had enough delays getting the hardware out, and
their distro might benefit from some bedding down. Debian is more of a
known quantity.

Erik