hi everybody,
I discovered recently, after re-installing my system with the Debian 9.1 kde
live dvd, that the /etc/inittab is no more present, although
all the documentation I found still mentions it, For example, from the Debian
wiki:

The system initialization process is handled by the init daemon.
  The ?/etc/inittab configuration tells init what to do. Especially it contains
the lines :

Nevertheless, the boot seems to work corectly without it, and without
/etc/init.d/rc.
Does that means that the Debian wiki is out of date, or did I miss something?

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel