On Mon 14 Aug 2017 at 15:48:40 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Monday 14 August 2017 10:20:01 deloptes wrote:
>
> > to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > > C'm on. Be friendlier. Communication is sometimes difficult. From
> > > what can be seen here, Long Wind has crossed a large cultural gap
> > > to be here. Reading docs is sometimes difficult, even for me (and
> > > I was born in a language which is most probably neighbour to yours
> > > and neighbour to our current common English).
> >
> > I wasn't unfriendly at all. The point is you can read from the
> > question at what level this OP is. So as Ric Moore said, mutual
> > respect is expected, in my world you get what you asked for. Stupid
> > questions get stupid answers etc.
> >
> What if, in addition to jumping into the English speaking world, a high
> hurdle itself, and has just opened the networking door, possibly with a
> borrowed machine, and wants to know how to fix his network, w/o even
> posting the linux version and release he borrowed the install cd's for.

You set up your imagined assumptions on which to base your argument:

 jumping into the English speaking world
 opening a networking door
 a possible borrowed machine

> He is NOT going to be familiar with the common vernacular we often use,
> and may well ask a question that is stupid.

 Two other unjustified, non-evidence based assertions.

> Are we to give him the RTFM brushoff, or actually try to educate this
> individual with a non-condescending tone to our reply's.?

Having set up your scenario (based on pure imagination) you proceed to ask
two rhetorical questions. Are you a professional politician by trade?

> I vote for the latter unless the OP refuses to take the directions
> offered, repeatedly.  Only then should any of us offer to discuss his
> family tree.

Then you answer your own questions. (But cover yourself in case there is
a comeback). Yes, you are evidently a professional politician.

--
Brian.