On Wed, 15 Nov 2017, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> I have done the above: removed xorg.conf and placed a copy of the log
> file at:
>
> http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucecesf/tmp/xorglog.txt

Perfect.

> The output of xrandr is:
>
> $ xrandr --listproviders
> Providers: number : 2
> Provider 0: id: 0xc3 cap: 0x7, Source Output, Sink Output, Source Offload
> crtcs: 4 outputs: 2 associated providers: 0 name:nouveau
> Provider 1: id: 0x64 cap: 0x7, Source Output, Sink Output, Source Offload
> crtcs: 2 outputs: 3 associated providers: 0 name:nouveau

Awesome; X is seeing and reporting both cards, and then have Source/Sink
output support.

> but only two monitors are found/configured.

I *think* you should be able to use Reverse PRIME if you do the
following:

xrandr --setprovideroutputsource 1 0;

and then xrandr --query; should show the other source.

[The last time I did this setup, I was using multiple displays to do the
multiple monitor setup.]

> > In theory, you should also be using KML, which should configure all
> > of the outputs fairly early in boot as well.
>
> Any pointers on how to do this would be welcome.

Assuming you aren't setting any kernel options, it should be the default now.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you really want to test his
character, give him power.
 -- Abraham Lincoln