On 25 January 2018 at 13:14, Michael Fothergill <
michael.fotherg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25 January 2018 at 13:01, Greg Wooledge <wool...@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 12:36:46PM +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
>> > ​If I become sid and install the kernel correctly, could I go back to
>> being
>> > just buster (sounds like an energy drink) and carry on using the new
>> kernel?
>>
>> No.
>>
>> ​It seems I have to become sid here.

​I have become sid and installed a ton of dependencies from the
experimental respository and finally installed gcc 8.

After some rehab I will study the web page on compiling kernels in debian.

I need to get the set up to use the GCC 8 compiler I have just installed.

Cheers

MF​