I'm running Sid, and after some recent updates (which introduced several
problems, most of which I've now ironed out), I've noticed that some of my
emails (read in Chromium via Google Mail) and a few web pages have ugly,
hard-to-read text. I've since discovered that I can Ctrl-Plus or Ctrl-Minus
to bump the text/page zoom one notch one way or the other and the font
clears up.

How do I find a fix?

I've used Chromium's right-click/Inspect feature to see fonts mentioned
(Arial & Tahoma & Lucinda Grande & Sans Serif(?) come to mind), which I
didn't see on my system using either GWaterfall or Font Manager, so I
installed a few font packages, which doesn't seem to have helped, but which
did provide me with fonts with at least similar names in some cases. I
suspect I'm bouncing in the general area of the problem's solution, but not
quite there.

It's a nuisance, but not a huge deal, as the font is somewhat readable, and
the zoom makes it more so, but it would be nice to get fixed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--
Kent West                    <")))><